Disable Touchscreen Input on iPhone or iPad
The iPhone and ipad touch screen comes with a built-in functionality to disable touchscreen input for iPhone 4 4S, iPhone 6 6+ 6S 6S+, iPhone 7 7+, iPhone 8 *+, iPhone X, iPad, iPad Air, iPad Pro. Described as Guided Access, This features lets you disable entire screen, certain areas of the screen, screen orientation and even lock down physical buttons like volume button, power button individually . Here’s how to enable Guided Access to disable touch input on screen for any iPho
ne and iPad.
- Open Settings > General > Accessibility > Guided Access.
- Enable Guided Access.
- Go to Passcode Settings to enable Passcode or Touch ID or Face ID. It will be used to end Guided Access.
- Finally, enable Accessibility Shortcut. This lets you triple-click the Home button to enter Guided Access anytime.
Once enabled, here’s how to use it.
- Open the app you’d like to disable ipad touch screen input or button for lock down.
- Triple-click the Home button (for iPhone X triple click the power button) to enter Guided Access.
- Select the areas on the screen you would like to disable. If you’d like to disable touch on the entire screen, draw around the complete screen area.
- Tap on Options in the bottom left corner to disable Sleep or Volume buttons.
- Tap Done.
- Now, tap on Start at the top of the screen to start Guided Access.
The disabled areas of the screen will appear grayed out and will not respond to any touches.
To exit Guided Access, triple-click the Home button (for iPhone X triple click the power button). Enter the correct Passcode or scan with Touch ID or Face ID for iPhone X to exit.